Tuesday, December 5, 2006

Shockers Surge to #10 in AP

I was excited to learn yesterday that the Wichita State Shocker men's basketball team has returned to the Top 10 for the first time since the early 1980s. Growing up in Wichita, KS, I attended many Shocker basketball games with my parents. I am a fan. While I did get a BA and an MA from The University of Toledo, my college basketball alligience will always be, first, to WSU.

The past two weeks have been great for Shocker fans, having beaten George Mason, LSU (#6 at the time), and Syracuse (#15 at the time) all on the road! Two Final Four teams from last year have already been victims of the Shockers (LSU and GMU).

Next up for the Shockers is another road trip, this time to Wyoming. This will surely be a huge test for WSU taking their new Top 10 ranking on the road. Go Shockers!